Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Feeling Hamlet-like? Just a little.

Hamlet and Winter Semester go together like darkness and gloominess. Still there are the moments of laughter, melodramatics, and a plethora of good advice to go along with the depression and frustration.

Most days in the winter I don't feel like getting up, or going to class, and I certainly don't feel like doing my homework. I've been thinking about doing my homework, knowing that I should, but since I lacked the desire, determination, and clear idea of how to go about it, I've been putting it off.

The other day, I was venting my frustration with myself by talking to my roommates when suddenly the mood struck me and with the announcement that I felt melodramatic I dropped to one knee, put one hand on my forehead, and held the other in front of me in a fist as I confessed in a gasping, despairing, melodramatic way that I had done nothing but read fanfiction for four days and I had not done my homework.

One of my roommates laughed and asked in a skeptical voice, "And you don't want to read Hamlet?"