Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Personal Evaluation


1. Learning Outcomes—Well, I’m working on them. I try and make some connection to the learning outcomes with every post, and between the posts. I’ve put tags on my posts to help organize and show what I’ve been doing, though it is by no means perfectly labeled. I haven't posted as much as I should have, and I haven't done much real analysis yet.

2. I’ve read Hamlet, Merchant of Venice, Richard III, Romeo and Juliet, and The Winter’s Tale. I’ve also read some outside history and a critical theory, and lots of blog posts.

3. Links and connections—I have a few links to my own posts and to some others that I’ve appreciated. I also do make a few explicit connections to other learning, learners, and non-Shakespeare texts. 

4. I’ve gotten most excited about the history around the history play, and the stories have been built from and that could be built from the things I’ve read. I enjoyed watching Hamlet and reading Romeo and Juliet (and hearing the echoes of countless references). I like finding links, mental links from one story to another and from life to fiction and back to someone else’s life. That’s what’s the most fun. As far as how this might affect my life-long learning, I’d say that I’ll be continuing to look back to Shakespeare and other great works of literature and historical things for inspiration and spice for my own creative writing, as well as just having fun reading them.

5. I liked my Feeling Hamlet-Like? post, just because it was fun. But as to what my best work has been… I think I agree with Brooke in her evaluation that Justice and Mercy and my Rambling History were probably my best posts, they have inter-textuality, socialness, and proof that I did a bit more reading than just the plays.

6. Jessica V. has made my experience better, by making nice, encouraging, stimulating comments. I’ve also appreciated her post of ideas for posts, which I haven’t yet used, but the idea that there is a list of ideas is an encouraging thought. Brooke R has also helped out by setting up a performance that I can join. Martin M.’s blog has also been very entertaining… I enjoyed Scrambled is the Head That Wears the Crown.